[pgpool-general: 3646] Re: Adding a New Server and Recovery

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Wed Apr 22 16:51:27 JST 2015

You can copy from:
http://www.pgpool.net/pgpool-web/contrib_docs/simple_sr_setting2_3.3/index.html

this:
http://www.pgpool.net/pgpool-web/contrib_docs/simple_sr_setting2_3.3/basebackup.sh

The document was written for pgpool-II 3.3 but I think you can use the
same script for 3.4. If not, please let me know.

Also be sure to set following in pgpool.conf:

failover_command = '/usr/local/etc/failover.sh %d "%h" %p %D %m %M "%H" %P'

Of course you need to replace "/usr/local/etc/failover.sh" with the
actual place which you put the script.

In addition to this, the user which pgpool runs needs to have ssh
access the server where PostgreSQL is running on without
password. Please look into the doc above.