[pgpool-general: 3608] Re: PGPool sending r/w queries to wrong DB node

Yugo Nagata nagata at sraoss.co.jp
Thu Apr 9 14:13:31 JST 2015

Hi,

First, pgpool-II detached backend node #0 which was primary.

 LOG:  received degenerate backend request for node_id

I don't know why node #0 is detached, but this might be shutdowned.

 LOG:  pool_send_and_wait: Error or notice message from backend: : DB node id: 0 backend pid: 31461 statement: "delete from t_case_file_tag_association where case_file_id=$1" message: "terminating connection due to administrator command"

Second, pgpool-II started searching a new primary.

 LOG:  find_primary_node_repeatedly: waiting for finding a primary node

However, unfortunately, it is seemed that pgpool-II failed to find
a new primary. Then, queries were to send the new master, node #1,
which is standby.

 LOG:  failover: set new primary node: -1
 LOG:  failover: set new master node: 1

I can't say why pgpool-II failed to find a new primary node, but
maybe, failover_command might be wrong. Could you please check your
failover_command and PostgreSQL's log around 17:24?

--
Yugo Nagata <nagata at sraoss.co.jp>