[pgpool-general: 3607] PGPool sending r/w queries to wrong DB node

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Thu Apr 9 06:05:58 JST 2015

Hi,

I'm currently running pgpool-II, version 3.4.1 in a master/slave set up.
  We have two PG databases in streaming replication mode, version 9.3.

The Master pgpool-II was down (my error) and we were on the Slave
pgpool-II for many days.  All was working well.

Unexpectedly, according to the pgpool logs, it seems it thought the
database was down.

When it righted itself, pgpool started sending r/w transactions to the
Slave (read-only) db which of course failed.  Ouch.

I'm attaching a gzip'd pgpool.log file with I believe sufficient data
showing pgpool in a good state, then in an not so good state.  :)

I've checked /var/log/messages, PG logs at the time when things went
wrong and nothing appears out of the ordinary.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926         Blog:  http://pablo-blog.blueoakdb.com