[pgpool-general: 3586] Re: Master-Slave and white_function_list

Alex Toth atoth at gravity.com
Wed Apr 1 05:10:54 JST 2015

If I understand  your question correctly you want to balance functions
in the schema stored_functions_v0.  I believe the only way is to list
all of the functions, but you can use regex pattern matching to make
life easier.  For example, if all those functions have "_v0" at the end
of the name you could do something like this:

white_function_list = '.*_v0'
black_function_list = '.*'

To see the load balancing happen you'll have to turn on query logging on
the backends and watch the postgres logs.  Remember, the load balancing
is by connection rather than by query so you'll have to disconnect and
reconnect each time to see the queries distribute across both backends.

   alex