[pgpool-general: 3150] Re: Investigate why PGPool2 hangs

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Tue Sep 9 08:00:20 JST 2014

> Hi,
>
> We have a test platform where ours applications connect to pgpool2 v3.3.3
> for few months ago.
> Sometimes, pgpool hangs and I don't why as I don't know how to investigate
> logs.
> Could you please give a way to track errors from log file ?
> I guess this is due to the number of connection opened has been reached but
> not sure.

You could check it by using ps command.  If there's a room for
connections, you will see something like this:

  588 pts/1    S      0:00 pgpool: wait for connection request
If you don't find such a ps output, you might be bugged by this:

http://www.pgpool.net/mantisbt/view.php?id=107

If so, you should try 3.3.4 which includes the fix for this.