[pgpool-general: 3133] Re: I published an article about my pgpool2 setup

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Tue Sep 2 17:20:58 JST 2014

> The reason why I did not go for that mode originally is that I want
> the flexibility to add a third node easily, and “master/slave” implied
> that there can only be one master and one slave. Thinking about it, I
> think this may not actually be true, so it’d be good if you could
> clarify in your documentation whether there is a limit on the number
> of nodes in that mode.

In pgpool-II only the total number of DB nodes is limited by
MAX_NUM_BACKENDS, which is currently 128 (can be easily changed by
editing the source code). This means you could have up to 127 slaves.

Regarding the documentaion, thanks for the good suggestion. I
personally didn't notice "master/slave" implies only 1 slave is
allowed. I will update the documentation.