[pgpool-general: 3234] Re: Postgres, Pgpool2 for Autoscaling in private cloud (OpenStack)

Сергей Мелехин cpro29a at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 09:03:31 JST 2014

Hi, Job!
Open transactions will fail on master failover.
Vertical scaling is naturally limited, especially in cloud environment. IO
is usually a bottleneck. After upgrading master to SSD storage, or even
RAID10 SSD - you don't really have much cost-effective options in speeding
it up, concidering you have enouch RAM.
If you expect to scale big - you shoud concider sharding in some point. And
it will almost invetibly envolve modifying application logic.

With best regards, Sergey Melekhin

С Уважением, Сергей Мелехин.