[pgpool-general: 3229] Re: pgpool with Slony replication delay

georg at riseup.net georg at riseup.net
Sat Oct 18 01:11:35 JST 2014

Hi Cal,

On 14-10-17 08:06:46, Cal Heldenbrand wrote:
> What solution is there for implementing HA in such a scenario?
> Threaded
> requests, to threaded client connections, to a master/slave
> replication
> system.  Would I have to use pgpool's Replication Mode and ditch the
> Slony
> approach?

Not sure if you need stuff like loadbalancing / connection pooling, etc,
but in case you don't: Have a look at the corosync [1] (and pacemaker
[2]) software stack, which I can highly recommend: "The Corosync Cluster
Engine is a Group Communication System with additional features for
implementing high availability within applications."

For proofs of concept: [3], [4], and [5].

Cheers,
Georg

[1] http://corosync.github.io/corosync/
[2] http://clusterlabs.org/