[pgpool-general: 3318] popgun stops working with no log indication of issues

Jeremy Wilson jwilson at clover.co
Sun Nov 30 19:17:59 JST 2014

I’m running 3.3.3 with a single master/slave setup and I’m having an issue where our app will suddenly start timing out on db queries, but there’s nothing in the pgpool log to indicate a problem.  Stopping pgpool and starting it again fixes the problem for about 24 hours until it re-occurs.  For the last few hours, however, it has been happening every hour.

Is there some method I can use to debug this?