[pgpool-general: 3298] Re: pgpool-II 3.3.4, 3.2.9, 3.1.12, and 3.0, 16 released

Alexandru Cardaniuc cardaniuc at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 11:52:49 JST 2014

Oh OK. So, to clarify. Before that change in 3.3.4 what was the value? 1
sec or 0 sec?

And now in 3.3.4 it's hardcoded internally to 10 seconds?

Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at postgresql.org> writes:

> [...]

>>> Nagata.
>>>
>>>       See [pgpool-hackers: 239][pgpool-hackers: 512].
>>>
>>>     - Allow to run pgpool_setup and regression test on Ubuntu box
>>> (Tatsuo Ishii)
>>>
>>>     - test: Fix -i option (install directory of pgpool) not working
>>> (Tatsuo Ishii)
>>>
>>>     - Add missing include file sys/wait.h. (Tatsuo Ishii)
>>>
>>>       Per bug #104. http://www.pgpool.net/mantisbt/view.php?id=104
>>>
>>>     - Fix an infinite loop of ping error at new active pgpool when
>>> virtual IP switching (Yugo Nagata)
>>>
>>>       This bug also caused hangs of the old active pgpool, since this
>>> waits response from the new active pgpool, which is in the infinite
>>> loop and not able to respond.
>>>
>>>       This problem is reported by Qian Peng in [pgpool-hackers: 520].
>>>
>>>     - Disbale statement_timeout of PostgreSQL while executing online
>>> recovery (Tatsuo Ishii)
>>>
>>>       Online recovery may take very long time and user may enable
>>> statement timeout. To prevent online recovery canceled by statement
>>> timeout, disable statement timeout in the connection used by online
>>> recovery.
>>>
>>>       See [pgpool-general: 2919] for more details.
>>>
>>>     - Fix pool_table_name_to_oid in case new to_regclass used which is
>>> introduced in PostgreSQL 9.4 (Tatsuo Ishii)
>>>
>>>       The relcache func used here should return 0 if target table is
>>> not found. However to_regclass returns NULL in this case. To fix the
>>> problem now COALESCE is used.
>>>
>>>     - test: Fix regression test 057 hung if run against PostgreSQL 9.4
>>> or later (Tatsuo Ishii)
>>>
>>>       PostgreSQL 9.4 or later changed libpq behavior: NULL username
>>> for connection string does not cause an error, which was expected in
>>> the test.
>>>
>>>     - Fix to close pipe when ping command exits with failure (Yugo
>>> Nagata)
>>>
>>>       This bug causes pipe open error: Too many open files, which
>>> leads to failure of connecting to trusted servers, and then pgpool
>>> goes to down status.
>>>
>>>     - Fix Resource leaks (Muhammad Usama)
>>>
>>>       Coverity issue #1222998 and #1222999.
>>>
>>>     - Add a description that pcp_detach_node command disconnects
>>> existing sessions (Tatsuo Ishii)
>>>
>>>     - Fix failover.sh produced by pgpool_setup (Tatsuo Ishii)
>>>
>>>       It did not support there's more than 3 nodes case. It always
>>> tries to promoto node0 or node1.
>>>
>>>     - Remove meaningless minus check because of unsigned int variable
>>> (Tatsuo Ishii)
>>>
>>>       Coverity issue #1111419, #1111420, #1111422.
>>>
>>>     - replacing strcpy() with much safer and recomended call strlcpy()
>>> (Muhammad Usama)
>>>
>>>       Coverity issue #1111480.
>>>
>>>     - Fix pgpool.spec to support openssl (Tatsuo Ishii)
>>>
>>>     - Fix pgpool.spec to use 3.3-stable tree head (Tatsuo Ishii)
>>>
>>>     - Remove unnecessary call to pool_shmem_exit() which removes
>>> semaphore when it shouldn't (Tatsuo Ishii)
>>>
>>>       exit_handler checks if the process is parent or not. This is
>>> good. However, even if it is a child process, it calls
>>> pool_shmem_exit() which removes semaphore and shmem when it should
> [...]
>>>
>>>       Original patch contributed by Ryan DeShone and modified by Yugo
>>> Nagata.
>>>
>>>       See [pgpool-hackers: 239][pgpool-hackers: 512].
>>>
>>>     - Disbale statement_timeout of PostgreSQL while executing online
>>> recovery (Tatsuo Ishii)
>>>
>>>       Online recovery may take very long time and user may enable
>>> statement timeout. To prevent online recovery canceled by statement
>>> timeout, disable statement timeout in the connection used by online
>>> recovery.
>>>
>>>       See [pgpool-general: 2919] for more details.
>>>
>>>     - Remove unnecessary call to pool_shmem_exit() which removes
>>> semaphore when it shouldn't (Tatsuo Ishii)
>>>
>>>       exit_handler checks if the process is parent or not. This is
>>> good. However, even if it is a child process, it calls
>>> pool_shmem_exit() which removes semaphore and shmem when it should
>>> not. It should be called only from parent process.

"For, contrary to the unreasoned opinion of the ignorant, the choice of
a system of numeration is mere matter of convention."
- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)