[pgpool-general: 3290] Re: Strange behaviour of pcp_watchdog_info

Karthick Thanigaimani kargold100 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 18 04:55:57 JST 2014

yes thats correct.

________________________________
 From: Yugo Nagata <nagata at sraoss.co.jp>
To: Karthick Thanigaimani <kargold100 at yahoo.com>
Cc: "pgpool-general at pgpool.net" <pgpool-general at pgpool.net>
Sent: Monday, 17 November 2014 6:35 PM
Subject: Re: [pgpool-general: 3284] Strange behaviour of pcp_watchdog_info

Hi,

On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 19:35:53 +0800
Karthick Thanigaimani <kargold100 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> These are run the the same servers and we checked the _otherhostname_ it looks fine only.

You mean, the same two pcp_command were run at a server, but the results
were different; the first one returned BackendError and the second succeeded?

On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 19:50:51 +0800
Karthick Thanigaimani <kargold100 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> These are the files and values. Let me know if aything elseto be added?
>
> more pgpool.conf | grep pgpool_hostname
> other_pgpool_hostname0 = '10.0.90.11'
> more pgpool.conf_10.0.90.11 | grep pgpool_hostname
> other_pgpool_hostname0 = '10.0.90.12'
> more pgpool.conf_10.0.90.12 | grep pgpool_hostname
> other_pgpool_hostname0 = '10.0.90.11'

I assume there are two machine (IP: 10.0.90.{11,12}) each of which has
pgpool-II installed, and the conf file is pgpool.conf_${IP}.

It seems no problem. If you want to know watchdog status of other pgpool
with this pgpool.conf, the command to be run is;

$ pcp_watchdog_info 0 node1 9898 postgres test 0

since the last argument is the postfix number of "ohter_pgpool_hostnameX".

So, when the last argument is specified to 2 this returns BackendError
since other_pgpool_hostname2 isn't specified.