[pgpool-general: 2858] Re: PgPool connection caching/pooling not working ?

adrien nayrat adrien.nayrat.axess at gmail.com
Tue May 20 18:22:55 JST 2014

>> Thanks for your answer

>>> No. 32 concurrent connections.
>>>
>> If there is 32 connections on pgpool side and 32 on postgres side what is
>> the goal of pooling?
>
> I said "concurrent" connections. Unlike PostgreSQL pgpool-II accepts
> more than 32 connections from clients. For example if there are
> concurrent 40 connections to pgpool-II, 32 out of 40 are executed by
> PostgreSQL. Remaining 8 connections will be executed once one of 32
> connections from clients are disconnected.

I tried with 40 connections to pgpool with pgbench and in another
windows I tried to open a new connection to pgpool : psql -h 10.0.0.2
-p 5000 -U postgres
I didn't get any response :(

>>> Database "postgres", "template1" and "regression" are treated to not
>>> cache any time. Please use other database name for connection cache
>>> testing purpose.
>>>

>> I created a new db "pgbench" and launch the test and I still have the same
>> result :
>
> The slot "pool_connected" means has a connection from client, not
> connection to PostgreSQL. If you want to know if the pool_id has a
> connection to PostgreSQL, you check "pool_backendpid" slot. If this is
> not space, the slot has a connection to PostgreSQL, which means the
> connection is cached.

That was I thought . So If I do a test with pgbench, with 40
connections, I will see 32 connections to postgres and 40 on pgpool.
But I see 32 on pgpool and 32 on postgres?