[pgpool-general: 2814] Authentication documentation question

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Sat May 10 19:09:21 JST 2014

I'm looking at using pgpool-II in a situation that requires authentication
and was looking through the online documentation here:

http://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/pgpool-en.html

And read things like:

> pgpool-II does not support pg_hba.conf-like access controls. If TCP/IP
connections are enabled, pgpool-II accepts all the connections from any
host.

> "hostssl" connection type is not supported

> pgpool currently does not support IPv6.

As far as I can tell from the source and the rest of the documentation
these are all not true and pool_hba.conf is actually fully functional. Am I
reading this correctly?

As an aside, I note the pgpool throws away all connection errors from the
server, not even logging them. Is there a better way to debug connection
problems than strace?

Thanks in advance,