[pgpool-general: 2661] Re: bash script can't see env variables when run by pgpool

Yugo Nagata nagata at sraoss.co.jp
Wed Mar 26 16:02:54 JST 2014

Hi,

On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 00:55:51 +0000
Gintautas Sulskus <gingaz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> more problems regarding watchdog:
> On one of the servers I see a log entry: "wd_create_hb_send_socket:
> setsockopt(SO_BINDTODEVICE) requies root privilege".
> Any clues what this may be related to? I assume it's permission problem.

You can ignore this message because SO_BINDTODEVICE is not necessary.

> Much appreciated!
>
> Gintautas
>

> On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 12:48 AM, Gintautas Sulskus <gingaz at gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > ifconfig_path = '/home/ubuntu/apps/scripts'
> > PgpoolAdmin description of ifconfig_path is: The path of a command to
> > switch the IP address. I understand it as the path for if_up_cmd
> > and if_down_cmd commands.
> >
> > if_up_cmd = 'pg_ni_up.sh up eth0:1 10.0.1.244 255.255.255.0'
> > if_down_cmd = 'pg_ni_up.sh down eth0:1'

I guess that a environment variable defiend in /etc/enviromment is reffered
in pg_ni_up.sh but this doesn't work well, right?

How about to try 'echo $PATH > /tmp/test ' in pg_ni_up.sh?
Is the $PATH (or other value) defined in /etc/enviroment output to
/tmp/test or not?

--
Yugo Nagata <nagata at sraoss.co.jp>