[pgpool-general: 2622] Re: pgpoll failure

Gonzalo Gil gonxalo2000 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 00:02:26 JST 2014

it's done now.

My problem now is that i am in a prod ambient... so i can play very much...

i have:
node1, primary pgpool (with virtual ip) and primary database
node2, standby node (database and pgpool)

i add a node (2nd standby in standby server) /datastb in pgpool.conf (bouth
nodes)

from node1:
# pcp_node_info 10 localhost 9898 postgres postgres 0
prod 5432 *3* 1.000000
# pcp_node_info 10 localhost 9898 postgres postgres 1
replica 5432 *1* 0.000000
# pcp_node_info 10 localhost 9898 postgres postgres 2
replica 5444 3 0.000000

why node 0 (local) is donw!?

it is not. i can connect directly (psql) or via pgpool (psql -h virtual_ip)

I can't recovery the node either.

# pcp_recovery_node 10 localhost 9898 postgres postgres 2
BackendError

in pgpool.log:

Mar 11 11:39:30 postgresql pgpool[14723]: starting recovering node 2
Mar 11 11:39:30 postgresql pgpool[14723]: starting recovery command:
"SELECT pgpool_recovery('basebackup.sh', 'replica',
'/var/lib/pgsql/9.0/datastb')"
Mar 11 11:39:30 postgresql pgpool[14723]: exec_recovery: basebackup.sh
command failed at 1st stage

in the standby node,

# pcp_node_info 10 localhost 9898 postgres postgres 0
prod 5432 *1* 1.000000
# pcp_node_info 10 localhost 9898 postgres postgres 1
replica 5432* 1* 0.000000
# pcp_node_info 10 localhost 9898 postgres postgres 2
replica 5444 3 0.000000

# pcp_recovery_node 10 localhost 9898 postgres postgres 2

and the recovery starts ....
but... database is quite big, so i see
        new structure in standby server  /datastb and subdirectories
        rsync command in master node...

any clue why pcp commands are not working in mster node!!?

tks!