[pgpool-general: 2990] Re: Apps Server configuration ?

Yugo Nagata nagata at sraoss.co.jp
Mon Jun 30 19:30:21 JST 2014

Hi,

pgpool-II works as like "proxy" of PostgreSQL. This means, pgpool-II
looks like a client from PostgreSQLs and looks like a PostgreSQL server
from your appliction.

[application] <-> [pgpool-II] <-> [PostgreSQL(s)]

So, you don't need to change so many code of your apps.

However, please note that pgpool-II some restrictions. For example,
pgpool-II cannot process multi-statement queries.
http://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/pgpool-en.html#restriction

--
Yugo Nagata <nagata at sraoss.co.jp>