[pgpool-general: 3042] question about insert_lock

Sean Hogan sean at compusult.net
Fri Jul 18 01:06:13 JST 2014

Hi,

I'm a little confused by the documentation of the insert_lock
configuration property at
http://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/pgpool-en.html#replication_mode
<http://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/pgpool-en.html>. Specifically, I'm
trying to determine if the default value (false) is also the recommended
value.  I have created the insert_lock table and currently have
insert_lock set to 'on'.  Is that the recommended thing for pgpool-II
3.3.3 in native replication mode against PostgreSQL 9.2.7?

(The reason: I'm still seeing sporadic, unexplained node degeneration,
where pgpool-II detects a mismatch in the number of affected tuples.
The applications run fine for a while, sometimes days, then suddenly it
happens.  Most often it's an update or delete on a Quartz table.  I'd
like to eliminate sequence number mismatch as a reason for the failure.)

Thanks,
Sean