[pgpool-general: 3031] Re: pgpool-general Digest, Vol 33, Issue 3

Muhammad Usama m.usama at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 22:22:58 JST 2014

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 10:45 PM, Long On <on.long.on at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am also observing node 0 being promoted to master when using
> pcp_attach_node, after a recovery of node 0. Node 1 is master and should
> remain so but I see a failback sequence happening in pgpool.log. After
> which write statements are no longer possible since pgpool is sending them
> to node 0, which is now standby.

Whenever a new node is attached to pgpool-II using the pcp_attach_node utility.
pgpool-II forgets the previous primary node and start searching for primary
node again. The first node which fulfils the conditions for being the
primary node is selected as primary.

> Is there an option in pcp_attach_node to specify if promotion should
> happen or not?
>
> There is currently no option available in pcp_attach_node to stop or
enforce node promotions. And it is the user's responsibility that the node is
in appropriate condition (in this case standby server, not primary), for
pgpool-II to recognise it as primary or standby node.