[pgpool-general: 3029] Weight

James Sewell james.sewell at lisasoft.com
Tue Jul 15 15:38:44 JST 2014

Hey All,

I have two nodes setup like so:

   - Node 1: Master, weight 0
   - Node 2: Slave, weight 1

This allows me to send all writes to the master and all reads to the slave.

At some stage I promote the slave to be the new master (pcp_promote with
DISALLOW_TO_FAILOVER), then at some stage later re-provision the master as
a new slave and re-connect it (pcp_enable)

I now have the following setup:

   - Node 1: Slave, weight 0
   - Node 2: Master, weight 1

This means that all write and read queries are serviced by the new master,
and none by the new slave.

Is there a way around this? If there isn't currently could a pcp command be
implemented which would allow me to manage my own weights?

Cheers,

James Sewell,
PostgreSQL Team Lead / Solutions Architect

 Level 2, 50 Queen St, Melbourne VIC 3000

*P *(+61) 3 8370 8000  *W* www.lisasoft.com  *F *(+61) 3 8370 8099

--

The contents of this email are confidential and may be subject to legal or