[pgpool-general: 2458] Re: pgpool out of node problem

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Tue Jan 21 09:32:28 JST 2014

> Hello,
>
> I have problem, my node is periodically dropped out of pool. Every morning
> same time.
>>From log, I can see that pgpool loses connection to node.
>
> I know that my server provider have feature to disable connection because
> of inactivity. For example if I have ssh connection to my server for long
> time, without activity, I lost connection.
>
> My short question is, is it possible that this feature affect my pgpool
> configuration, and how?

Try:
fail_over_on_backend_error = off
connection_life_time = 30

"fail_over_on_backend_error = off" prevents pgpool from doing failover
when your server disconnects.

"connection_life_time = 30" disconnects idle connection from pgpool to
your server and the disconnecting from your severside will be ignored.

"30" may be needed to be adjusted to match your provider's idle
connection watch time.