[pgpool-general: 2379] command failed - FailbackIn Progress

Athanasios | ZenGuard athanasios at zenguard.org
Tue Jan 7 23:13:43 JST 2014

Dear list,
I am trying to attach 2 backends to my pgpool. When I try to do that, I get
BackEnd Error. Below is the debug output:
root at staging:/etc/pgpool2# pcp_attach_node -d 10 localhost 9898 XXX ZZZ 0
DEBUG: send: tos="R", len=46
DEBUG: recv: tos="r", len=21, data=AuthenticationOK
DEBUG: send: tos="D", len=6
DEBUG: recv: tos="e", len=23, data=FailbackInProgress
DEBUG: command failed. reason=FailbackInProgress
BackendError
DEBUG: send: tos="X", len=4

can someone elaborate what this error means and more importantly how can I
fix it? Thanks in advance for any replies.