[pgpool-general: 2575] pgpool with JDBC for load balancing

Anupama Ramaswamy anumr_0123 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 13 10:39:25 JST 2014

Hello,

I have to setup pgpool for load balancing only and it has to work with an web application in Java.
There are several posts on the net as well as mailing lists regarding the problems with this setup, yet nothing conclusive. All that I have tried so far has only led me to

"unnamed prepared statement does not exist"

So my question is -
1) Is there a checklist of things that I need to do to get pgpool load balancing to work with simple JDBC connection with Postgres 9.1 in stream replication / hotstandby mode.
2) Is there a anything test case or something that can demonstrate that pgpool indeed works with JDBC in load balancing mode.

I don't need any other capability of pgpool - no connection pool, replication, parallel query, nothing at all.

Regards,
Anupama.