[pgpool-general: 2562] Multiple pgpools working active active on the same db cluster

Larisa Sabban larisa.sabban at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 00:33:42 JST 2014

Hello

Having master/slave db cluster, can I have multiple pgpools installed on
the application servers (one per app server) working on the same db cluster
on the same time?
Even if I leave failover functionality unset and have some other app to
handle failover, can I assume that 2 or more active pgpools will work fine
with the same db cluster successfully?

(From the documentation I got the impression that only one pgpool should be
active and another one standby+watchdog...)

Thanks,
Larisa.