[pgpool-general: 2548] Re: pgpoll failure

Gonzalo Gil gonxalo2000 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 03:39:25 JST 2014

Somebody can help me out?

Documentation sais:

Coordinating multiple pgpool-IIs

Watchdog coordinates multiple pgpool-IIs by exchanging information with
each other.

   - When backend node status changes by failover etc., watchdog notifies
   the information to other pgpool-IIs and synchronizes them. When online
   recovery occurs, watchdog restricts client connections to other pgpool-IIs
   for avoiding inconsistency between backends.
   - Commands on failback or failover
(failover_command<http://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/pgpool-en.html#FAILOVER_COMMAND>
   , failback_command<http://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/pgpool-en.html#FAILBACK_COMMAND>
   , follow_master_command<http://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/pgpool-en.html#FOLLOW_MASTER_COMMAND>)
   *are executed by only one* pgpool-II by interlocking.

Tutorial
http://www.pgpool.net/pgpool-web/contrib_docs/watchdog_master_slave/en.html

sais:
Nodes information synchronization

In the case that multiple PostgreSQL are sharing, watchdog synchronizes the
DB node statuses information between pgpool-II. When failover command
(attaching, detaching, or promoting node) is executed in any pgpool-II, the
same command is executed in all other pgpool-II.

So... does every node do the failover or just the active one?
I think all does...