[pgpool-general: 3123] Re: PATCH: Support IPv6 for pool connections to PostgreSQL servers.

Michael Stapelberg stapelberg at debian.org
Sun Aug 31 02:54:34 JST 2014

I excluded that from my original patch because it’s a bit more
complicated, but find attached a patch that makes pgpool2 listen on
IPv6 addresses (not for PCP, only for pool connections so far).

After applying the patch, I can connect with all address families
(UNIX, IPv4, IPv6):

midna ~ $ psql --host=::1 -p 5433 -U faq_i3wm_org faq_i3wm_org
Password for user faq_i3wm_org:
psql (9.4beta2)
faq_i3wm_org=> \q

midna ~ $ psql --host=127.0.0.1 -p 5433 -U faq_i3wm_org faq_i3wm_org
Password for user faq_i3wm_org:
psql (9.4beta2)
faq_i3wm_org=> \q

midna ~ $ psql -p 5433 -U faq_i3wm_org faq_i3wm_org

On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 1:12 AM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at postgresql.org> wrote:
>> Michael,
>>
>>> Good catch. I’ve attached an updated version of the patch which calls
>>> freeaddrinfo().
>>>
>>> Let me know if you have any questions that I should answer in order for
>>> you to merge the patch.
>>
>> Thanks for the revised patch. I don't have time to handle it until
>> this weekend. Sorry for this.
>
> Done.
>
> I noticed that the patch allows to use IPv6 PostgreSQL, but pgpool-II
> itself still cannot bind to IPv6 address. Would it be possible for you
> to create a patch to allow it?
>
> Best regards,
> Japanese:http://www.sraoss.co.jp

Michael