[pgpool-general: 2737] Fwd: pgpooladmin start / stop / restart buttons greyed out

Joar Jegleim joar.jegleim at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 21:59:05 JST 2014

looking at http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgpooladmin.git;a=commit;h=9cf159246892e3388b36f4b43cccc0c62e54a29f
, I'm not sure if that check work .
The buttons are greyed out for me ( see previous attached screendump)
, but as far as I understand I am superuser.
I'm logged in as postgres, and as far as I know pgpooladmin connects
to the postgres servers as postgres user, which is superuser .

I removed the || $is_superuser !== 'yes' from
templates/elements/status_pgsql_buttons.tpl , then I can use the
buttons .

Now when I press f.example 'stop' button in pgpooladmin status screen,
she postgres server logs:

ERROR:  unrecognized configuration parameter "pgpool.pg_ctl"
16716 2014-04-09 14:48:16 CEST STATEMENT:  SELECT pgpool_pgctl('stop', 'f')

What am I missing here (?)
I've installed the stuff from sql/pgpool-recovery and sql/pgpool-regclass :
cd sql/pgpool-recovery
make
make install
psql -f pgpool-recovery.sql template1
psql -f pgpool-recovery.sql postgres
cd ../pgpool-regclass
make
make install
psql -f pgpool-regclass.sql template1
psql -f pgpool-regclass.sql postgres

is there some other sql files, or code / extensions I've missed that
implement the pgpool.pg_ctl configuration parameter (?)

regards
Joar