[pgpool-general: 2694] Re: Fwd: Re: Re: pcp_recovery_node failing in stage 1

Sean Hogan sean at compusult.net
Thu Apr 3 02:02:23 JST 2014

I have just found the problem.  I had set the PostgreSQL
statement_timeout to 60000 (10 minutes), so it was actually PostgreSQL
itself that was killing the SELECT pgpool_recovery('do-base-backup.sh',
'psql02.compusult.net', '/var/lib/pgsql/9.2/data') statement.

I think it would be a good idea to mention in the pgpool documentation
that statement_timeout, if set, must be longer than the time it takes to
do the 1st stage recovery command.

Thanks for your help,
Sean