[pgpool-general: 2212] Re: Pgpool2 3.3.0: idle connections

Sergey Arlashin sergeyarl.maillist at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 16:56:40 JST 2013

I disabled connection_cache and now the number of idle connections on pgpool server and the number of idle connections on backends are equal.

The only thing I found about connection_cache in documentation is

connection_cache
Caches connections to backends when set to true. Default is true. You need to restart pgpool-II if you change this value.

So I think now the question is - what is connection_cache ?