[pgpool-general: 2202] watchdog

Megan nagemnna at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 11:40:49 JST 2013

Good Day,

I apologize if this is a repeat question, but I was hoping someone could
help me understand pgpool's watchdog feature.  I would like to setup 2
postgres servers with streaming replication, and pgpool on both database
servers in a master/slave configuration using watchdog.  If the master
server with the paster pgpool goes down abruptly (power failure), will the
secondary pgpool server with watchdog be able to figure out the master went
down and promote the postgres server to master?  Will this happen with a
standard configuration or do i need something special to do this?

Thanks!