[pgpool-general: 2302] online recovery

Megan nagemnna at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 20:15:22 JST 2013

I was reading in the manual about online recovery.  Is this only available
when pgpool is running in replication mode?  I have master/slave mode set
but it doesn't seem to be working correctly.

master_slave_mode = on
master_slave_sub_mode = 'stream'
load_balance_mode = on
failover_command = '/var/lib/pgsql/9.2/failover.sh %d %P %H %R'
recovery_user = 'postgres'
recovery_1st_stage_command = '/var/lib/pgsql/9.2/sendbackup.sh %H
/var/lib/pgsql/9.2/data /var/lib/pgsql/9.2/data/pg_archive'

failover.sh touches a trigger files on the other db server and sendbackup
uses rsync to copy over all of the files to the other db, then it restarts
postgres.  Under what case would pgpool run the recovery_1st_stage_command?
 Does this not work with master_slave_mode on?