[pgpool-general: 2300] Re: Many short CGI connections - needed to downgrade to version 2.3

deven at trikon.co.in deven at trikon.co.in
Sun Nov 17 19:57:26 JST 2013

>> 2. Subsequent sessions to a pgpool process SELECTing from same table only caused a check to see if it was temporary, by way of 2 commands that took 500ms before SELECT was sent to slave.

>You could eliminate temp table checking by:
>check_temp_table = off

This option has reduced subsequent selects in a pgpool process from 500ms to 250ms. I think it still tries to set environment variables on master before the first query of each client connection.

>If a query is sent right after the table is created, querying to slave
>may fail because the creation of the table might not be propagated to
>slave yet.
>
>Maybe we can eliminate all of the checking if user agree on the risks
>(that's what pgpool-II 2.3 behaves). Do we want to add such a switch?

Either this, or can we stop it from setting variables on the master(user=xxx,db=xxx,application_name=xxx), unless the query is to be passed to the master? That would solve the problem without need for more options.