[pgpool-general: 2296] node status after restart

Megan nagemnna at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 05:12:24 JST 2013

Hello list,

I think I have something configured incorrectly.  I have postgres 9.2.5
with pgpool 3.3

I have postgres setup with streaming replication, and pgpool in
master/slave mode.  I have a db1 and a db2 (2 nodes).  When i have db1 as
the primary and db2 as the secondary, and I shutdown db1, it fails over as
expected and db2 becomes primary.  I have a problem when I restart db1.  I
expect pgpool to see that it is back online and for it to come back as a
standby.  It doesn't do this and stays in the down status according to
pgpool

2013-11-15 20:08:10 DEBUG: pid 12634: health_check: 0 th DB node status: 3
2013-11-15 20:08:10 DEBUG: pid 12634: health_check: 1 th DB node status: 2

Are there any settings I should be looking at?  I don't know why pgpool
doesn't see the database is back online and ready to be recovered.