[pgpool-general: 2294] Re: About load balance

Lazaro Ruben Garcia Martinez lgarciam at vnz.uci.cu
Fri Nov 15 23:57:39 JST 2013

Sorry for late response:

In this moment I am working in the development of a web appilcation in drupal. This app has 2 database, the sms's database and a second database for business implementation. The problem is drupal executes many queries like insert and select in a short time, as a result, if load balance functionality is used with streaming replication, the web app does not work as expected because the minimun delay between master and standby.

If load balance could be distributed using only one database node (Database A ---> Node A (Based in database), Database B ---> Node A and Node B (Based in queries)), the SMS database queries would be sent to only one server and the other database makes use of load balance among the servers.

A postgresql instance with more than one database, is an scenario for using the load balance functionality in two different ways, based in queries and based only in database. This functionality could be used when the replication is asyncronous like streaming replication.

Thank you very much for your time.
Regards.