[pgpool-general: 1718] Problems running jdbc testsuite

Christoph Berg myon+oss.postgresql at df7cb.de
Sun May 12 15:15:49 JST 2013

Hi,

some time ago I've started running some of the testsuites in the
pgpool2 code when the Debian package is built. I've just uploaded
3.2.4 to Debian, but now I had to disable the "batch" and "insert"
tests from test/jdbc, because they just seem to hang indefinitely.

Any idea if that's a real problem, or just the testsuite being broken?

The script to run the tests looks like this:

[...]
cd test/jdbc

export PGPORT=9999

cat >> /etc/pgpool2/pgpool.conf <<EOF
#ADT#
port = $PGPORT
backend_hostname0 = '$PGHOST'
backend_port0 = 5432
pool_passwd = ''
EOF
tail -n4 /etc/pgpool2/pgpool.conf
echo

cat > pgpool.properties <<EOF
pgpooltest.host=$PGHOST
pgpooltest.port=$PGPORT
pgpooltest.user=$PGUSER
pgpooltest.password=$PGPASSWORD
pgpooltest.dbname=postgres
pgpooltest.options=
#pgpooltest.tests=autocommit batch column lock select update insert
pgpooltest.tests=autocommit column lock select update
EOF
echo

/etc/init.d/pgpool2 start
psql -p $PGPORT -f prepare.sql 2>&1
echo

CLASSPATH=/usr/share/java/postgresql.jar:. ./run.sh
echo

Christoph
--
cb at df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/