[pgpool-general: 1556] Re: pgpool 3.2.3 node gets down after some hours of work.

Lonni J Friedman netllama at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 10:07:28 JST 2013

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 6:00 PM, Dzmitry <dzmitry.nikitsin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't see any network latency and we are not sending a lot of data. I
> don't know how big is delay in replication, but delay exists - it's how
> streaming replication works.

A small delay of less than 1 second is how it should work.  You
haven't quantified what kind of delaying you're experiencing, however
if its many seconds (or more), then something is most definitely not
right in your environment, and you need to determine what it is and
attempt to resolve it.

Are the servers identical in both software & hardware?
Is the replication latency a fixed amount?

> If  I do almost simultaneous 2 sql query, one to write data, second - read
> written data. Does pgpool handle this situation and do write/read from
> master DB(if yes - does delay is configurable?) ? Or it can write to
> master and read from slave - when data is not synchronized.

The percentage of read query distributions is determined by how you
configured pgpool.  However, again, if your data is non-trivially
unsynchronized, then you need to understand & rectify that problem.
Hacking around it in pgpool is not a viable solution, especially in a
production environment, where I assume you want your data to be
consistent at all times.