[pgpool-general: 1536] Re: foreign data wrappers support?

Quentin Hartman qhartman at direwolfdigital.com
Thu Mar 28 08:37:40 JST 2013

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 5:31 PM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at postgresql.org> wrote:

> BTW, is there any concrete use case for such a configuration in your
> mind? The configuration sounds pretty interesting but I cannot think
> of real world use case.

The use case that came to mind for me was abstracting a sharding
deployment, making it more transparent to applications. I can also imagine
setups where you have archived data moved to particular DBs or tables,
which are on a physically different cluster, freeing resources for the
"hot" data, but keeping the "cold" data available when needed.

QH