[pgpool-general: 1503] Re: Load balancing changes between 2.x and 3.x

Joshua D. Drake jd at commandprompt.com
Fri Mar 15 09:46:29 JST 2013

On 03/14/2013 04:25 PM, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

>> It will not get load balanced. How do we achieve the same behavior in
>> 3.x?
>
> I'm not sure what you want to do...
>
> If "select update_function();" is sent to standby node because of load
> balance, PostgreSQL will not accept the query because it tries to
> update standby database, no?

Correct. However, it is my understanding that if I am running 2.x and I
do this:

BEGIN;
SELECT update_function(); -- write stuff to database
COMMIT;

It will not be load balanced. However, if I am using 3.x it would be.
What I want to be able to do is execute functions via pgpool 3.x and
have it not be load balanced.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579