[pgpool-general: 1464] Re: health check timeout in pgpool-II-3.2.3

manphis chen cs.manphis at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 11:04:08 JST 2013

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your kindly response.

After patching your pool_connection_pool.patch file, pgpool still cannot
detect the unplugged network cable of database within the timeout set in
health_check.

The settings of my pgpool.conf are listed below:

health_check_period=2
health_check_timeout=1
health_check_max_retries=3
health_check_retry_delay=0

Theoretically, pgpool can detect an unplugged network cable no more than 6
seconds by health check.
But it takes about more than 30 seconds in pgpool-II-3.2.3.

But in pgpool-II-3.2.1, pgpool can detect this situation in 6 seconds.

Thanks for helping deal with my problem.

best regards,

manphis chen

--
Wireless Communication and Mobile Computing Research Group Laboratory
TEL:(886)-2-23625336-448