[pgpool-general: 1866] Re: PgPool Function Errors (Installation Issue?)

Andrew Bruce andrew.bruce at hslmobile.com
Wed Jun 26 16:42:46 JST 2013

all

-------------------+----------------------------------------------------
> > --------------------
> >  last_day		|
> > 			:   SELECT (date_trunc('MONTH', $1) + INTERVAL
> > '1 MONTH - 1 day')::date;
> > 			:
> >  pgpool_regclass	| pgpool_regclass
> >  pgpool_recovery	| pgpool_recovery
> >  pgpool_remote_start	| pgpool_remote_start
> >  pgpool_switch_xlog	| pgpool_switch_xlog
> >  pgpool_walrecrunning	| pgpool_walrecrunning
> > (6 rows)
> >
> > I have also used pg_dumpall from another system, and imported
another
> > set of databases into the PgPool system, and I have started to see
the
> > error I quoted above when I run simple queries on the additional
> > databases...
> >
> > My questions:
> >
> > Should the pgpool functions be installed against all databases
within
> > the cluster (i.e. 'postgres', 'template1', and any other subsequent
> > database)?
>
> Yes. From the pgpool doc:
>
> "Executing pgpool-regclass.sql should be performed on every databases
> accessed with pgpool-II. You do not need to do this for a database
> created after the execution of "psql -f pgpool-regclass.sql
> template1", as this template database will be cloned to create new
> databases."

Duh! I should have run a grep through the manual first! :-)

That pretty much clears everything up - thanks!

> > Is this is significant problem?
>
> Unless you have same name tables on different schemas, it should not
> be a problem.
>
> > Is this a known problem?
> >
> > I can make the errors go away by adding the functions to the
offending
> > database...
>
> The function is dfinitely in your public schema. Do you access pgpool
> with changing default search path? For example, do you remove public
> schema from the search path?

No, nothing unusual or special in our databases. Thanks for the answers,
you've been very helpful.

Kind regards,

Andy Bruce