[pgpool-general: 1841] Allowing load balance in replication mode + explicit transaction

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Thu Jun 13 17:06:21 JST 2013

Hi,

I'm working on one of our TODO:
Allow to load balance even in an explicit transaction in replication
mode

Currently load balance in an explicit transaction is only allowed in
master-slave mode. It should be allowed in the replication mode as well.

It seems just by removing the restriction, we can safely allow load
balancing in the replication mode + explicit transaction (of course
except the case that SELECT is not allowed load balancing because it
has writing functions for example).

Am I missing something? Is there any pitfall?