[pgpool-general: 1895] memqcache_total_size is limited to 2gb
s_jubeh at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 15 22:11:49 JST 2013
First, I would like to thank you for this great tool, it is really nice and easy to work with.
I would like too give my opinion regarding using it for the first time .
1. The installation is very easy, I was able to find builds for many Linux flavours.
2. Setup is also easy (out of the box).
I had couple of errors in the log files, so it will be nice to tackle them:
1. Automatic creation of folders/files specified in the configuration file during setup: It would be nice to create the default folders and files which are used by pg_pool within the installation process. This will minimize pgpool set up and make it more plug and play.
2. Logging errors only when needed: I have found errors related to master/salve replication, I did a small search and I found that they can be ignored.
3. Indicate all possible values for configuration parameters such as ranges for integers.
During playing with memcache, the memqcache_total_size is defined as integer leading to the message below
pool_config: memqcache_total_size must be equal or higher than 0 numeric value
2013-07-15 14:24:51 ERROR: pid 7315: Unable to get configuration. Exiting...
In my system the max(int) is 2147483647 which is 2GB. I can think of many cases where I want to have more than 2GB of caches, is there a limitation for this number.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the pgpool-general