[pgpool-general: 1335] cursor closes on commit

Bert Desmet bert at bdesmet.be
Tue Jan 22 21:28:50 JST 2013

Hello,

We are currently migrating from db2 to postgres. Our setup is quite simple:
we have one tool that reads (reporting service), and only 2 tools that
write.  This means that we'll never get in the situation where we have >20
connections to the db at the same time.
But because our sql statements are sometimes very complicated we have set
up postgres with streaming replication, and placed pgpool in front.

pgpool really works good for read-only cursors: our reporting system works
great, and connections are send to both server.
However we have a problem with our ETL system.