[pgpool-general: 1334] pcp_detach_node & pcp_attach_node

ning chan ninchan8328 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 11:03:07 JST 2013

Hi all,
I am trying to run both pcp_detach and attach node command. But none of
them works.
how should I use the command?

In my environment, i have a 2 node cluster, streaming replication setup in
between.
Each server has pgpool on top of it and watchdog is enabled to switching ip
and failover.

let's say i want to reboot the standby server, I try the detach command as
follow:

pcp_detach_node 10 10.89.94.30 9898 pgpool 123 0

The command is just hang there, and it never time out.

syslog also show nothing.

So what is the correct procedure to reboot a server?
Let's say if i want to reboot the primary as maintenance, if I bounce the
primary with pgpool online, it will failover the primary while this is an
expected behavior. Is it possible to avoid this?

Thanks~
Ning