[pgpool-general: 1286] Re: pgpool not load balancing

Greg Donald gdonald at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 14:17:03 JST 2013

On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 8:10 PM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at postgresql.org> wrote:
> 3.1.1 was released on December 2011. You can take a look at how many
> fixes were made since then: http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgpool2.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/V3_1_STABLE

I removed the Ubuntu packages and have version 3.2.1 installed from source now.

I am starting it with:

/usr/local/bin/pgpool -f /usr/local/etc/pgpool.conf -D

I can connect with my app, but I still do not see any connections to
the slave servers.  In the logs I see every query is sent to DB node
id: 0.  Even the most simple test case with nothing but a single
SELECT never touches a slave.

Here's what I get in the log on startup:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=LZ5BmKmA

Here's what I get after a single select query:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Tan66kJb

Here's my pgpool.conf:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=CVpbG5Mp

--