[pgpool-general: 1419] Fwd: Pgpool 3.2.2 issue on AIX

Daniele Di Vito adivitog at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 23:06:33 JST 2013

Thanks for your quick reply Tatsuo,

Before to get your reply i tried to understand where the main process stops
adding some print in the line right above every exit call in the main.c
class.
I found out that it never stops calling the exit command in  an explicit
way.

After your reply I tracked it's behaviour using truss.
Truss output is in the attched file.

Commenting the dup2 file in the demonize function, I'd been able to get
which error happens just before the process "death".

This is the error:

pool_flush_it: write failed to backend (0). reason: Socket is not connected
offset: 0 wlen: 41

it happens after the first health_check call.

it seems that the socket is not connected to the local backend (backend 0
is on the same host where pgpool is running) but stragely the replication
on the backend 0 it work normally so I think that it's connected.

The real trouble is that pgppol will never check for failover or failback
loosing the main process.

The pgsql version of every backend is 8.3. I attach the pgpool config file
too.

Thanks again for your help

--

Daniele Di vito