[pgpool-general: 2002] R: Re: pgpool-II online recovery via rsync: postgresql won't start after the recovery

armaeth at libero.it armaeth at libero.it
Tue Aug 6 16:46:34 JST 2013

Dear all.

Thank you Tatsuo for your reply.

Please find attached pgpool.conf and the pgpool_recovery script as per your
request. I also attached the pgpool_remote_start script which is essentially as
the one in the sample folder of pgpool-II with some additional logging to
central log storage.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Luigi

postgresql won&#39;t start after the recovery

sample folder and available on github @:

>> https://github.com/iakio/pgpool-II/blob/master/sample/pgpool_recovery
>>

>> The problem I have is that on the server being recovered postgresql won't
start and log the following under pg_log:

>> LOG: database system was shut down at 2013-07-31 18:02:12 BST
>> LOG: WAL file is from different database system
>> DETAIL: WAL file database system identifier is 5894553353380019103,
pg_control database system identifier is 5894200307068334067.
>> LOG: invalid primary checkpoint record
>> LOG: invalid secondary checkpoint record
>> PANIC: could not locate a valid checkpoint record
>> LOG: startup process (PID 1549) was terminated by signal 6: Aborted
>>

>> I guess that the folders being rsync'ed by the pgpool_recovery script are
not comprehensive?

>> I wa tempted to rsync the whole PG_DATA folder, but then I thought that
there are a number of things that I don't want to overwrite, such as the logs
under pg_log on the failed node.

>> Would anybody be able to make any recommendation on this and make the
necessary changes to the official pgpool_recovery file in the code repository,
please?