[pgpool-general: 1669] pgpool: connection cannot be released

manphis chen cs.manphis at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 12:30:05 JST 2013

Hello All,

I forget to install regclass in postgresql server.

When I send a query which needs a function belonging to regclass (e.g.
nextval), pgpool can receive a message from backend.
The message looks like: cannot access file libdir/pgpool-regclass: no such
file or directory.

When this happens, the connection from the client cannot be release.
If I keep requesting the same query iteratively, the number of connections
reaches the maximum value, and then all connections are occupied and no
connection can be accepted.

I know that I should install regclass in postgresql server, but my question
is: Is that correct for pgpool that the connection cannot be released after
some error happen at backend?

many thanks for the help.

Best regards,
manphis