[pgpool-general: 1654] Re: Mysterious Load Spikes

Quentin Hartman qhartman at direwolfdigital.com
Mon Apr 22 23:37:49 JST 2013

Seems like a good idea. Had it been there it would have saved me a couple
days of fruitless firedrills.

The problem isn't completely solved, I'm still seeing brief spikes of one
minute load to as high as 7 or 8 (on a dual core machine) on kernel 3.2.
It's not the constant, chronic load it was on the 3.0 kernel though, so
that's something. For reference, under the same user load running a 2.6
series kernel, these boxes never registered a load average higher than 0.5.