[pgpool-general: 1643] Re: Mysterious Load Spikes

Quentin Hartman qhartman at direwolfdigital.com
Sat Apr 20 00:07:40 JST 2013

So I was able to upgrade the kernel on my PGPool2 boxes yesterday from 3.0
to 3.2, the current shipping kernel for ubuntu 12.04.2 . Interestingly the
measured cpu utilization has increased by about 100% (still only a 3-5%
though in absolute terms) and the measured load average numbers have
dropped by about half. It's early yet to say for certain that this is
resolved, but it's certainly looking much better. Based on this I would
recommend that anyone deploying PGPool2 avoid 3.0.x revisions of the kernel.

QH