[pgpool-general: 1629] Re: PgPool rpm spec file

ning chan ninchan8328 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 04:59:18 JST 2013

I know it is referencing to the /etc/pgpool.conf because if i delete the
file, pgpool will complain:
[root at se032c-94-30 ~]# mv /etc/pgpool.conf /etc/pgpool.conf.bkp
mv: overwrite `/etc/pgpool.conf.bkp'? y
[root at se032c-94-30 ~]# pgpool
pool_config: could not open configuration file (pgpool.conf)
pool_config: using default values...

I have the same sysconfdir and prefix as my configure argument.

Side question, do i need to have the postgresql lib and include folder
available in order to 'make' pgpool?

Here is my configure cmd:
--with-pgsql-libdir=/usr/pgsql-9.2/lib --prefix=/usr

while /usr/pgsql-9.2/lib is not available during the compile time.  Will
that be an issue?

Thanks~
Ning